Entry permit and visa policies
The entry permits and the visa of UAE have many rules and regulations. The Federal Authority sets all these rules for Identity and Citizenship-ICA. In each emirate, the Directorates of Residency and Foreigners Affairs deals with the entry permits process.
Websites of Etihad Airways and Emirates Airline have all the information for the visa categories for the Indian nationals and the USA citizens. Indian nationals have six months stay permission. The USA citizens have a 14-days stay visa of the UAE. It is mentioned in The National and Khaleej Times newspapers, that an Indian passport holder who also has the UK and EU residency is allowed to get a visa on arrival in the UAE.
30-day visit visa of UAE:
The citizens of some countries can get the 30-day visa on arrival. The permit granted will be free from any charges, and the visa can be renewed for a similar period. These specific countries are listed below.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Vatican City
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- South Korea
- People’s Republic of China
90-day multiple entry visit visa
The citizens of some specific countries can get them a 90-day multiple entry visit visa to UAE. This 90-day visa will be free of charges, and the validity of the visa will be for six months. The period will be started from the issue date of the visa, and a person can stay for 90 days in UAE. Austria
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Norway Poland
The Passports issued to the applicants will remain valid for the minimum six months. The period starts from the date when the person enters the UAE.
Before starting your travel to the UAE, check for the list of the countries. The countries in the list keep on changing, so it is advisable that the person must check before traveling. You can check from UAE embassy or from the airline through which you are traveling to the UAE.
E Visa for GCC residents
First, the GCC residents and the other people who are moving with GCC citizens need to apply for a visa online. GCC residents need the permit before they enter UAE. The GCC residents are preferred for the visa because they have a high professional status. GCC residents may be businessmen, accountants, engineers, doctors, company managers, pharmacists, auditors, or employees working in the public sector. The significant advantage for the GCC residents is that they have the facility to call their families members and drivers etc. The GCC residents who sponsor for the visa of their family members, then the members can get the visa immediately.
- The applicant will receive the E Visa to his/her email address. This visa will be sent when the state will approve the applicant’s application.
- The applications of the companions off GCC residents will only be approved when such residents are traveling with friends and the family members. Hence, the sponsor must go to UAE with the companions.
- The statutory period allowed to the GCC residents is only 30 days. The period of stay will be counted from the very first day of the person’s entry to UAE. After 30 days, the visa will be extended for 30 days. This extension of the permit will be only for one time. GCC residents will get no extended period.
- The period of stay for the companions of GCC residents is 60 days. They can stay easily for 60 days. The days will be counted from the entry date. After the completion of the stay period, a visa is extendable once for two months. No more extension will be given once the visa is extended. The companions can only come to UAE with the GCC residents.
- If the visa of a GCC resident is expired, then he/she will not be allowed to stay in UAE. The GCC resident must renew his/her visa; otherwise, there will be no permission of entry in UAE.
- The GCC residents may be businessmen, accountants, engineers, doctors, company managers, pharmacists, auditors, or employees working in the public sector. If they have changed their profession and they haven’t mentioned it in the visa, then the resident will not be allowed to enter in UAE. The GCC resident must indicate his/her profession if they have changed it.
- GCC residency is only for at least three months. The period is calculated from the certain coming date of the person in UAE.
- The passport of GCC residents is also valid for at least three months. The period is calculated from the entry date of the person in the UAE.
Pre-determined entry visas
If there is such a person who doesn’t fit into any category which is mentioned above, then he must get the entry permit to UAE. Without having the entry permit, the person can’t enter in UAE. So, there must be some person who sponsors him/her. After having the sponsor, the person applies for the entry permit. Having a sponsor is the only way to make your entry possible to UAE.
What type of entry permit suits you best?
The type of entry permit depends on the purpose and demand, who are traveling to UAE. The entry permits are many types, and these types are mentioned below:
Requirements for an entry permit
If a person needs the entry permit for UAE. Then there are a lot of requirements for this permit. The person must fulfill the following conditions:
1. The need for a sponsor
First, the person needs a sponsor for the entry permit. The sponsor may be:
- A non-native resident with valid residency permit in the UAE
- An Emirati citizen
- A UAE-based hotel or tour agent
- A UAE-based airline
- Companies in the private sector or free zones.
- A government entity
2. The rule for Prospective visitors
The prospective visitors who want to enter in UAE must have an original passport that must be reliable for at least for six months.
3. Rule of the visa ban
The prospective visitors who are banned from entering UAE or they are deported from their native country are strictly prohibited from coming in UAE. They are not allowed to go or work in UAE. They must have the special consent from the government for re-entering in the UAE. Without such consent, the banned visitors are not allowed.
4. Health requirements
The visitors and all the entrants are required to undergo a detailed medical checkup. The entrant must be medically fit, and he/she must not have any disease. The visitors are examined in the government approved medical health centers. If the person is reported TB or AIDS, he/she will be immediately deported from the country. The people who have been HIV positive are strictly not allowed to stay in UAE.
Sponsor of the entry permit
There are many ways through which you can get the sponsor of entry permit of UAE. These ways are described below:
A relative or friend living in the UAE
A friend or a relative who is living in the UAE can apply for the entry visa for a close relative to the UAE. The application for the entry permit is submitted at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
An expatriate resident
A non-native resident is called the expatriate and it is the resident who is living in an abroad country. He can sponsor his/her close relatives. The close relatives mean that the person can sponsor for spouse, parents, children, sisters or brothers.
Nationals can also sponsor for the entry permits. They can call their family members and close friends.
General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) are located at all the states of UAE. You can click on the links below and get information about the entry permits because all the permits are issued from here.
- GDRFA – Sharjah
- GDRFA – Abu Dhabi
- GDRFA – Ras Al Khaimah
- GDRFA – Dubai
- GDRFA – Fujairah
- GDRFA – Ajman
Necessary documents for entry permit application
For a national sponsor:
A national sponsor is required to provide the below-mentioned documents:
- A recent photograph of the person who sponsors
- The health insurance document of the sponsored by an organization working in the UAE
- A passport copy of the sponsor is also required, and the passport must be authentic for a minimum of six months
- A financial guarantee of AED 1,000 for an entry permit (it is refundable)
For a non-native resident sponsor:
If a person is living abroad and not in the native land, then the following documents are necessary, and the person must attach the following documents to the entry permit application:
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
- Proof of health insurance of the sponsored by a company working in the UAE.
- A passport copy of the sponsor is also must in the documents, and the person must attach it with the application. The validity of the passport required is six months, and no leniency will be shown in this condition.
- The salary certificate of the sponsor.
- Submit AED 1,000 for an entry permit (it is refundable).
- The employment contract of the sponsor.
- The lease contract of the sponsor (the document must be attested).
- The accommodation bill of the sponsor.
- The certified marriage contract of the sponsor if the person is applying for the entry permit for his partner.
The UAE-based airlines
The UAE-based airlines have the authority to apply for an entry permit on behalf of the applicant. These airlines apply to authorities in the UAE which are specialized for visa-issuing. These airlines also have some rules and regulations which vary from one airline to the other. The person has to fulfill the demands of the airlines. When a person follows all the rules and the conditions, then the airlines arrange the permit or visa of the person.
The condition of the airline:
The underlying condition of the airline is that the person must travel on these airlines.
Many airlines are working in UAE. The rules and regulations of the airlines can be checked online on the websites of the particular airlines. You can get all the relevant information from the sites of the UAE airlines. From these websites, you can check the details of the documents which are required for the application. Following are the famous airlines that are working in the UAE that offers visa services and help many people all around the world to get the entry visa:
- Air Arabia
- Emirates Airline
- Etihad Airways
- Fly Dubai
Hotels and agencies
There are many hotels and travel agencies in the UAE that can help you in providing you with the entry permit I of UAE. These hotels and the travel agencies are licensed, and they are very professional in delivering entry permits to the applicants.
These travel agents and hotels also have some requirements. You have to buy tickets from them, and even if you are seeking a hotel for the entry permit, then you have to reserve that particular hotel for the accommodation during your stay in UAE.
The travel agencies working in your native eland can also help you in getting the entry permit. These agencies collaborate with the tourism agencies that are working in the UAE.
Scams and frauds:
You have to make sure that your chosen tourism agency is genuine and it will never cause you any trouble during the visa process. Many agencies are doing fraud with the people. So, you have to rely on the most famous and the agencies that have a good reputation in this regard. You must send the payments and the personal documents when you are sure that the agency is genuine.
You can seek help from the UAE embassy for verification if the agency is real or not. It will protect you from the big trouble that people face when the tourism agency has done fraud with them.
According to the information on the website of GDRFA, hotels and tourism agencies can apply for the permit on behalf of other persons and there are some categories present in the visa that are mentioned below:
- 1-month tourist visa which is extendable to 40 days
- 14-day service visa which is not extendable
- 1-month visit visa which can be extended to more 1-month.
A government entity
This category is for a government entity in the UAE. Such a government entity can sponsor for the entry permit of the person of his/her family. The government entities are of many kinds. They may be federal ministries, Courts of Rulers and their representatives, government agencies. Some other objects which are not governed by the UAE’s Labour Law are also included in the government entity category.
Following are some categories for the entry permit of the government entities.
- The resident visa for the people serving the government
- The particular entry permit for the government entities
- Work permission for the government entities
Private companies working in the UAE can also apply for the entry permits on behalf of some other person. when the visa is issued to the person, he/she must come in UAE within 60 days’ period. The period of stay in the UAE is 30 days. Counting of the days will start from the date of the arrival of the person to the UAE. The companies who are hiring the people have the authority to change the status of the visa of their employees within the 30 days stay in the UAE.
What are the documents required by the companies:
Following documents are necessary, and these must be attached to the entry permit application: initial
- Copy of the passport of the sponsored person
- Work permit which is granted by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization
- Establishment card copy
- Copy of card of the Public Relations Officer
- Copy of the trade license of the company
The validity of entry permits
- The entry permit is valid for different periods, and it depends on the type of visa.
- The authenticity of the entry permit for the visit visas, work visas, and tourist visas is 2-months from the arrival of the person in the UAE.
- The sustainability of entry permit for the GC residents is 30 days from the issue date of the permit.
- The special visa “96-hours transit visas” are applicable only for the 14 days from the issue date of the visa
- Ministry of Interior and the local General Directorates of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) are specialized for the validity of the entry permits of the applicants. For any query, you can contact the organizations as mentioned earlier.
Illegal to do a job on a visit visa
According to the UAE’s labor and residency laws, the tourist in the UAE is not allowed to work. The UAE government is rigorous in this law, and if there is some violation then the person is fined, and in many cases, the person is deported from the country. So, you must have the work permit if you want to work in the UAE. The employment visa is primarily for those people who want to work in the UAE.
Always check the UAE Embassies and Consulates or contact the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship– ICA before you are applying for the visa because the rules and regulations may change from time to time.